Google Ads

Get Pregnant Naturally

Get Pregnant Naturally
".....Utilizing Traditional Chinese Medicine in Tonifying Energy flow to the Reproductive System Channels In Men and Women for Natural Conception, including Couple Who were diagnosed with Unexplained causes of Infertility...." Chantel M.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Tacos: A Vegetarian Recipe

 Posted by Chantel M. Recipe contributed By

Becoming a vegetarian takes some getting used to, mentally and physically. Three years ago when I decided to omit meat products, my body was tired all the time, which made me light headed frequently. Soon, I realized there were substitutes for protein. I found myself eating more protein as a vegetarian than if I weren't. I no longer am a full vegetarian. I eat white meat. However, I still buy soy products because I got accustomed to them. I honestly only eat turkey or chicken when my boyfriend or family cooks it or if I'm out at a restaurant. Eating out was probably the biggest challenge for me. I love Mexican food, so I would substitute beans for meat in a burrito. I often ordered cheese quesadillas.
It was great, though, when I would go into a Mexican restaurant in Kalamazoo, MI, I could easily make any dish vegetarian. You would never realize until you stop eating meat, how many restaurants won't acclimate their meals to customer's diet. At home, I started playing around with different meals. I have come to love my vegetarian tacos. If you're a full-fledged meat eater, you can tell the difference in the meat. I can't tell the difference between soy grounded meat and grounded beef anymore. I just prefer soy. Anyway, my taco recipe I have perfected down to the added spices. Maybe this won't work with regular meat, but for my vegetarians, try my simple taco recipe:
• Morning Star or Boca soy products work best; Place the 'meat' in the microwave for 5 minutes. This softens it. Break up the 'meat' on a greased skillet.
• Add taco seasoning, which you can purchase at any grocery store. While the meat is seasoning, add a pinch of minced onion and chili powder. This adds something different to the soy meat.
• Once the meat is prepared, add your toppings, like lettuce and shredded cheese. I personally enjoy adding hot sauce for an extra kick to my taco.
The choice to become a vegetarian is solely personal to most people. I did it for better heart health, which is why I still omit red meat from my diet more often than not. I can't lie and say I don't like bacon. Bacon's smell is just so inviting! At any rate, it's a hard decision to stop eating a whole food group. You have to find ways to compensate and new recipes to love.
I recommend visiting http://www.miranchito.org to learn more about Kalamazoo Mexican Restaurant.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lyndsay_Flagel

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7103902

No comments:

Post a Comment